You Can Listen To This News
is a Ghanaian economist, investment banker, and politician as well as the co-founder of Databank Group. en Ofori Atta
Here are some 10 facts you might not know about the current Minister of Finance of Ghana
- On the 22nd of January 2020, a man named Nuetey Latif Ahinguah was given a 12-month prison sentence with hard labor for impersonating Ofori-Atta on social media.
- He had his basic level education at the Accra Newtown Experimental School together with Tsatsu Tsikata.
- He is a member of the prominent Ofori-Atta family of Ghana that has been influential in politics, law, chieftaincy, and business.
- He co-founded Databank Financial Services together with Daniel Ofori-Atta, Keli Gadzekpo, and Togbe Afede XIV in the year 1990.
- In May 2018, he was adjudged Best Africa Finance Minister of the year by the London-based magazine, The Banker.
- He was honored by PriceWaterHouse Ghana twice as one of the Top 5 Most Respected CEOs in Ghana.
- Ken is a Henry Crown fellow of the Aspen Institute. He was adjudged as the 2nd most respected C.E.O in Ghana.
- Ken is a Donaldson Fellow at Yale University in 2010.
- He is a Co-Founder of the Aspen Africa Leadership Initiative.
- He is a recipient of the John Jay Award from Columbia University in 2011.