You Can Listen To This News
The University of Education, Winneba (UEW) wishes to welcome our cherished students (freshers and continuing) to the First Semester of 2020/2021 academic year.
Students should take note of the following:
|Arrival of Continuing students and Fresh Students||Saturday, 9th January, 2021|
|Orientation of Fresh Students||Monday, 11th January, 2021
Wednesday, 13th January, 2021
|Medical examination||Monday, 18th January, 2021
Friday, 5th February, 2021
|Registration of Fresh and Continuing students||Monday, 11th January, 2021
Friday, 15th January, 2021
|Lectures begin for Fresh and Continuing students||Monday, 18th January, 2021|
|Matriculation||Saturday, 20th February, 2021|
|Mid Semester Examination||Monday, 1st March, 2021
Friday, 5th March, 2021
|End of First semester Exams||Monday, 12th April, 2021
Friday, 30th April, 2021
|Students go down||Saturday, 1st May, 2021|
In connection with the online registration of courses for the First Semester of the 2020/2021 Academic Year, Students are kindly advised to take note of the following guidelines:
- The 2020/2021 1st Semester Registration exercise would be a Self-Registration Exercise.
- The online Registration Portal would be opened to students to register on their own.
- Registration will commence on Monday, 11th January, 2021, and end on Friday, 15th January, 2021.
- Freshers should note that their registration procedure will be different from that of the continuing students. Due to this, freshers are to attend orientation from Monday, 11th January, 2021 to Wednesday, 13th January, 2021 where they would be introduced to the new registration procedures and then would subsequently be allowed to register.
- Instructional videos, brochures, and manuals have been loaded online to aid students in the various processes of registration (please follow the links provided on the University Website, www.uew.edu.gh).
- Students are mandated to follow judiciously the specified rules and regulations.
- Students should take note of and adhere to registration deadlines as fines will be applied to defaulting students.
- Students will need to access their Student Information Portal (SIP) to complete the semester registration.
- Students are advised to contact their Departmental Administrators for assistance in resetting their accounts if they are unable to gain access to their portal.
- Students are required to pay the requisite fees as stipulated in the fees schedule before they can register. The Fee scheduled can be found on the University’s Website.
- Pay attention to the Course Code, Course Title, and Credit Hours when registering.
- For Elective or Optional Courses, you are to select Courses as applicable
- Note that Liberal/African Studies courses have a quota and are registered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Courses need to be confirmed for the data to be available in Students’ and Lecturers’ portals
- You are required to print out a copy of your registration slip after confirmation and present it to your department of endorsement. Note that registration printouts cannot be printed after the registration deadline.
- Students who are returning from deferrals should first report along with a copy of their deferral approval letters to the student records office (SRO) at academic affairs divisions for their records to be updated
- Any student who has a registration-related challenge should do well to lodge a complaint at the inquiries desk at the division of academic affairs on their various campuses as proof of this would be required for resolution of registration-related challenges after the deadli9ne for registration.
- The line for the student information portal is on the university website.
- Level 100-300 = ITS Students Portal
- Level 400 = Student portal
- If for any reason you are unable to pay your fees in full, please contact the Students Support Services Office of the Finance Section on your various campuses for assistance. Likewise for any fee-related issues.